Monday, October 5, 2009

Trials and tribulations in the studio

I did an admirably clean job of rolling a roll of film onto a developing spool earlier this evening, which was a first. However the photo gremlins, never far from photo n00bs, were lurking in the blackest corners of that dark little room. As I fumbled in the dark, the gruesome truth revealed itself:
the film canister I had so carefully chosen was A.W.O.L! Resting 10 infinite and terrible fluorescent-lit feet from my darksome position! Thinking quickly, I upturned a convenient wastebasket to hide my film from the deadly fluorescent glare that I would inevitably have to face in my quest to rescue a film canister. Rejoicing in my genius, and confident in the fortress of darkness the wastebasket provided for that frail spool of film, I confidently set out to fetch the delinquet canister. However, my troubles were far from over. Upon returning to the film loading room, my victorious mood immediately evaporated with the realization that the door was locked as tightly as a pharaoh's tomb!
Roughly two-thirds of an hour later, a ruddy member of the local security personnel arrived with a large collection of keys, one with which he was able to successfully gain access to the film loading chamber. For all his help, the lout insisted on letting a large amount of light into the room, some of which penetrated the hiding place of my film spool. All of the pictures became slightly hazy, with the very outer individuals completely lost.
So ends the saga of the well rolled film.

No comments:

Post a Comment